Saturday, March 1, 2008

Medicine Man With Spirit

The Lagomarsino site in Nevada is my first experience of the magic and wonder of ancient communications. Spanning an estimated 10,000 years, these images are a glimpse of the vast complex of symbols that illustrate the variations in form and style of communications using the landscape itself as the media. At times I felt as though I could have easily been walking through the Times Square of prehistoric America complete with billboards, newspapers, magazines, posters, license plates, window signs, name tags, tattoos, business cards, badges, televisions through shop windows, and of course graffiti. Each image caught my eye and told a story as I carefully walked among the thousands of individual petroglyphs. I could not help but imagine someone expressing a profound experience with a non-physical entity....Perhaps a Spirit Dream....Or an Inner Voice...Maybe an Ancestor giving Advice...Or an Animal Totem of Two Horns offering Empowerment. The way the extremities are not terminated but streaking outward give me a sense of flowing energy.... How Magical Is That....What do You think?

No comments: